Monday, March 19, 2018

PULLING SOMETHING OUT OF MY HAT

PAPER WEAVING
BEGINNING 3-D ART
construction paper scraps & scissors/x-acto knife

At the end of last school year
 we ran out of time for the elaborate crafty assignment I had planned for my beginners,
so I asked them if they'd ever done any paper weaving.
Most didn't know what I was talking about.
So first we tried an experiment in paper which you will see here,
and then we did something amazing with the concept which I will show tomorrow.
I'm loving that these two 8th grade boys really thought outside the box
 and went for different format shapes.
Above we have Rishi Mannava,
and below Dylan Lin

Next up is senior Crystal Lai-Ton-Nu.
I really like how she varied the colors of her paper weavers.

And 8th grader Selina Luo used some wild and crazy curves for her weft lines.

Senior SarahWoo did some tricky alternation with colors above 
and so did Vicky Hur below. 
Vicky also used all diagonals for both her warp and weft.

Junior Lynette Lee and senior Daphne Wang both found a patterned paper
to alternate with their solids which adds even more interest.

Even though this was such a simple task,
it was fun to watch the kids thoroughly enjoying it.

1 comment: