Wednesday, November 22, 2017

GIVING THANKS

Fall 1994

This Thanksgiving Season I have much to be thankful for,
and I'm so very grateful for all the blessings in my life.
But the thing I am the most grateful and thankful for are my two healthy babies,
Zach and Danielle.

Halloween 2017

The two of them bring so much love & laughter into my life.
They are fearless, smart, funny and best friends.
They don't always see eye to eye,
but they love each other fiercely.
The most beautiful bond that can never be broken.
And they love to play!

Best Friend's Live Action Role Playing Birthday 2016
 before he donated his hair to Locks of Love

And I can't finish this post without giving thanks to the two women who raised me, 
and were responsible for my children's daycare while my husband and I taught school,
my dear mother Rose Patricia and my vivacious, strong willed Aunt Elena
(my father died when I was a baby, so my Aunt stepped in and helped raise me).
They were my rock,
and my children's rock. 

This is one of the last pictures of my mother before she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's,
and Aunt Elena was diagnosed with Dementia.
They both lived for 10 more years after this picture was taken.

They passed away side by side in the same bedroom within 3 months of each other,
without realizing they were sisters.
But I'm so very grateful that we had them as long as we did.
My mother was 92 when she left and Aunt Elena was 88.
My son especially has so many strong & wonderful memories of the both of them.
They instilled in him his love of all things in nature as both of them were avid gardeners.
Therefore his degree in Plant Science.
My mother & Aunt also instilled in the both of them their tender hearts,
their sense of right and wrong & their curious minds.
And Aunt Elena gave Dani her fiestyness and stubbornness  ha ha

Mother's Day 2017
Long Beach Marina

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and Holiday Season.
Let's all hold hands around the Thanksgiving table and pray for our families and friends 
as well as peace in our country 
and around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment